We are looking for an enthusiastic driven individual to join our team here at Zinkworks as a Scrum Master.
As a Scrum Master, you will be working with teams in the Telecoms or the financial sector who are working on innovative and exciting technology.
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Agile Team, supporting its creation of high-value deliverables to customers and its progress towards high performance. Acts as a single point of contact and liaison between the Program/Project line and the development team.
- Organize and facilitate Scrum ceremonies including daily standups, sprint reviews and retrospectives and refinement sessions.
- Driving areas of improvement, leading process improvement and change initiatives for future sprints.
- Support the Product Owner in planning the product feature backlog.
- Remove team and external impediments to ensure the team deliver on commitments.
- Lead the gathering and use of data to help the teams and group function effectively and improve, such as sprint/release progress, budget tracking, team metrics and product metrics.
- Motivate the teams, support conflict resolution, promote successes and challenge failings.
- Works with the Line Manager to ensure that the team configuration matches the development and support needs.
- Lead the adoption of Agile principles and practices within the team.
- Promote, support, and protect self-organization through empowerment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have a third level qualification and/or equivalent industry experience in computer science and technology.
- 1-3 years working as a Scrum Master.
- Experience in a commercially focused technology organization (Telco is a big advantage).
- Java or DevOps development experience would also be a big plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud Native technologies.
- Experience with SDLC and artefact management tools such as JIRA.
- A deep knowledge of Agile approaches including Scrum and the ability to leverage other techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability and capability to react to changing requirements.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills including the ability to effectively track and prioritize workloads.
- Well-developed leadership and problem-solving skills, including the ability to help the team in handling failures and setbacks to the team’s effective performance.
- The ability to understand and to relate effectively to the technical roles within the team.